Friday 11 January 2013

Finish A Long 2013

I was trying to describe to my husband, what the Finish A Long was all about - I described it like Weight Watchers for quilters.
Leanne, from She Can Quilt is hosting the FAL this year, having taken it over from Rhonda. I dipped in last year but didn't finish the course, maybe I will do better this year.

I intend entering only two projects into the first quarter - this may not seem many but I might actually be over stretching myself.

1. My Mod Pop Quilt


Not quite a quilt yet - I joined Leanne's Quilt a Long a few months back but it was really wrong place, wrong time. I have completed 2 blocks from my goal of 22 - I plan this to be a very large quilt for our bed. Since moving to this house 2 1/2 yrs ago, our bedroom has been the last to receive any attention. Today we finally had new carpet laid so I think it is time to ramp up the progress on the new quilt. I am aiming for a beachy feel to the room, our carpet is beige,  "wet sand"!! I have done quite a bit of cutting and just need to find a regular slot to keep this one going.

2. My Summer Hexie Project

This was my holiday project last year, following Katy's Spring Carnival pattern.I have taken out the papers but nothing further has been done other than buying a solid in the green - originally I planned to make this into a floor cushion (NOT for sitting on though!)..........but, it measures a bit more than I wanted, and I don't want to square it off, and, and......gave up, life took over again.

And that is my list.
If you haven't yet joined in the FAL, why don't you pop over and have a look - there is still time to join in and link up.



she can quilt

14 comments:

  1. I laughed at your description Sheila, very apt!

    Good luck with your finishes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great description for the non-quilty person. Great projects too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet he just shrugged and left you to it!
    Great expectations x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Give yourself an hour per week, same slot (like a date with your sewing) on each project. Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wet sand? Does it rain that much with you? You might have to make the hexies into a tent then. Di x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh that's a good way of explaining the FAL. I'm going to join the FAL too and I'll only be committing to 2 projects this time round.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You said you were trying to explain it, did he actually *want* to know?! If so thats impressive enough for me... lol Good luck, they'll be cracking finishes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ROFL, if Weight Watchers for quilters means collecting your body weight in fabric, then I'm in ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great description of the FAL and two great projects to finish

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great idea to put aside a slot each week for the mod pod. I am finding it hard to get down to this one too, and that might just help me.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The projects are wonderful, I am partial to the mod pop. You will find a rhythm for the mod pop, I did all the curves in a couple of chain piecing sessions and then did a block or two at a time, the blocks go quickly. I am going to ponder weight watchers for quilters, I suppose it is!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Are all your WIPs/UFOs weighing you down?! I can't wait to see your Mod Pop top and I like Jude's suggestion of making an appointment with your sewing...and keeping it! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The WW analogy is too funny! I am envious of your short list and really hope you finish both of these projects as they are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooh I love your summer hexies. Its always a bit hard to know when to pull the plug on a curvy edge. Yours reminds me of our summer jacarandas..
    Hope you've checked for sharks under the bed.

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...